Sunday, July 13, 2008

A three-day tour

I am sitting in my room eating day-old pizza and overhearing people in the hallway imitate the Peking opera singing we saw tonight. Imagine the shrill hiss of a teapot amplified to the intensity of an ambulance siren. The hallway singers are screeching the notes impressively.

The last three days have passed in a whirlwind. I've been awake and moving from about 5:30 am to 10 pm each day. The Beijing Organizing Committee has taken us on tours of a sewage treatment plant, a rural town and temple, the Summer and Winter Palaces, the Ming Tomb, and the Great Wall.

rural town and temple


climbing up the Great Wall

More details to come once the pace of life settles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are some pretty pictures that were taken!
...I want to climb the Great Wall of China. It reminds me of 'Mulan'.