Tuesday, July 1, 2008

HERE I GO!!!!!! (Almost.)


Ohmygoodness, four days left until China! I've almost completed my packing. My mom's provided me with more Wet Ones wipes, hand sanitizer, and stomach meds than I could ever imagine using, but I've really appreciated all the support she and my family have given as I prepare to head overseas.

At this point, I'm taking a very go-with-the-flow approach to the beginning of the trip. In past overseas trips I've taken, I've always found that the first few days tend to bring lots of surprises and unexpected hitches! I have, however, received a schedule of the first week's activities:

July 6--July 8
Group or individual arrives in CUC

July 9
09:30-10:30 am
An English Lecture on Beijing history & Custom
14:00
Meeting with Beijing Organizing Committee

July 10
Free activities

July 11-13
Beijing City Tour (Organized by Beijing Organizing Committee, but not decided yet)

July 14
Free Activities

July 15
Olympic opens, Venue training and service

Looking to be an interesting first week! I have a feeling though the real adventure will begin on July 15.... I met two people this summer who had simply attended past Olympics and said the experience topped anything they had ever done. I can't wait to get started on location at the Laoshan Velodrome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your leaving me!!
I'm going to miss you like no other :(
But I bet you'll have an awesome time in China.